Want to get added to the mix?
Apply for an opening to join the Black Market crew.
Tasting Room Server (Temecula, CA)
As part of the Black Market team, Servers educate our customers on our craft beer offerrings as well as the craft beer industry. Servers must promote and provide excellent customer service skills as the Tasting Room is the public face of Black Market.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of beer
- Can work in a "Team" environment
- Cash handling & POS experience
- Some heavy lifting involved
- Cleaning and other general duties
- Majority of the shifts will be Fri -Sun
- Must be 21 years old
We are currently searching for a Head Brewer to join our Temecula, CA brewery team. The Head Brewer will have the ability to manage the brewing operations at the Temecula facility as we grow and expand. The ideal candidate must have extensive experience within a large brewery setting and have a thorough understanding of brewery science.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Recipe formulation and development; Create, brew, and refine new and existing beer recipes.
- Ingredient selection and inspection; manage all raw material orders/shipments and inventories.
- Manage the brew calendar to ensure scheduling and production fulfill the company’s requirements.
- Develop and formalize standard operating procedures for all brewery processes; monitor each step of the brewing process.
- Implement strategies for process improvement and workflow efficiency.
- Mentor and train other brewery team members.
- Ensure proper use of all cleaning/sanitizing chemicals/agents and adherence to all prescribed safety protocols.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality and consistency.
- Serve as a resource for equipment maintenance.
- At least 2 years of experience in a head/lead brewing capacity inside a large brewery
- Brewing degree ideal; however, someone with a proven track record and well-documented background in brewing operations may also be considered for this opportunity
- Experience with a 15 bbl system or greater
- Strong mechanical background; Strong cleaning/sanitizing background; Lab skills and Micro understanding; Yeast handling proficiency
- Ability to work at a very fast pace yet be precise in daily tasks; excellent time management, prioritization, and delegating skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and attentive to quality and standards
- Full availability throughout the week: ability to work morning, mid-day, overnight, and or weekend shifts when necessary
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. and move up to 165 lbs. using traditional methods
- Ability to ascend and descend a staircase and/or ladder repeatedly throughout shift
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally exposed to caustic chemical
- Frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold or heat
- Maintain a clean station
- Organize and navigate kitchen and storage areas
- Setup stock station with necessary supplies, restock when necessary
- Prepare ingredients for cooking pizza and making salads (chopping vegetables, making dough, preparing sauces, etc.)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with other food staff
- Handle appropriate plating and presentation
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Exacting and efficient in following precise directions
- Attention to detail
- Strong listener and communicator
- Team Player
- Time management skills
- Attention to hygiene and sanitation